Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fuck You, Colin Barnett.

Sexism in Western Australian State Government makes Nacey a pissed off bitch.

Okay. So I can't seem to find a website that's carrying the news story, and I have a horrible memory when I'm emotionally whipped up like this.

Basically, there's a lobby group of women concerning the Fishing Industry here in WA. It's a huge industry here. I don't rightly know what their deal is and hey, as an environmentalist I might hate their reason for existing in the first place, but it's not likely. Fisheries is mostly about sustaining the levels of fish we have and shit, people wanna eat the fuckers. They're kind of important.

Point being. During a speech today, he was saying how the Government was going to cut down on funding lobby groups, an issue which I'm not up on so I'm not going to comment on it. It was how he said it that has me in a tizzy. He made a snide remark that the "Rock Lobster Fisherman's Wives" association wasn't one that would be around for much longer.

Disregarding the fact that he got their name entirely wrong (I forget what the actual name is, I was too angry and in shock to let it sink in), and the fact that they're self-funded, he basically referred to women concerned with a CHIEF and IMPORTANT industry here in Western Australia as FISH WIVES.

How fucking DISRESPECTFUL can you get? This is the PREMIER. But what else can you expect from a man that doesn't even bat an eyelid at the shenanigans of Troy "Chair Sniffer" Buswell? My brother said, "I don't know how Buswell can possibly top that." We were both utterly shocked at what we saw on Channel 7. The news story doesn't seem to be up anywhere on the net. I suppose they don't think it's that important.

I think it's *very* important. Would he DARE to be so snide and dismissive about a fisheries lobby group run by men? I doubt it. The WAY he said it as a side joke, sniggering with the crowd, it makes me sick to my stomach. I'm not even that concerned with the fisheries department (other than marine preservation) and I'm utterly INCENSED with his bullshit.

I've never, ever liked Barnett. I remember the slimebag when he wanted to change the name of my school when I was ten years old. I didn't like him then, and I didn't like him when I voted against him. And this behaviour just vindicates that gut feeling.

So fuck you, Colin Barnett.

No comments:

Post a Comment